Monday, April 5, 2010

I Hiked

Havasupi Falls. If you know me, you know I don't love to hike, but I just can't say no to a weekend with my mom and big sisters, even if it does mean I have to hike the grand canyon. However, I LOVED it! It was so beautiful! We were there for just about 4 days, and kept busy.
Day 1:
We hiked to the bottom. This was a fun day because we just took our time stopping all the time to climb rocks, scale the mountain and take pictures. It took us about 5 hours to finally get to the village. The village was very interesting to walk through, it was hard to believe that people actually live at the bottom of the Grand Canyon.

Day 2:
Sunday. Luckily, there is a small LDS church in the village that we were able to attend that morning. It was ran quite a bit different than we were used to but its always a testimony strengthener that no matter where you are the spirit is still the same and the church is still true.

After church we headed down and saw the first few falls. They were incredible! We spent time exploring down by the falls, climbing in and on anything we could.

Day 3:
The day of the falls. This is the day we had all been waiting for, the day we got to hike to all the falls. Each of the falls were unique, but all very beautiful. The first one of the day was called Mooney Falls, this was one of my favorites because it was scary to get to. We had to literally scale the mountain using rusty nails and chains for support. I don't love heights but i do love a good adventure when it comes my way, so i was all over this.

Next we went to Havasupi Falls. We spent most of our time here. We got in and swam around a little, it was pretty dang cold, but yet another adventure. We spent time just laying out in the sun, most working on their tans, but we (my sisters and myself) were working on our sun burns, boy do they feel good!

Last we went to the most beautiful falls, I believe they are called the Little Navajo. These were my favorite because they were surrounded by green and the water, like all the other falls, was a bright blue-green, breath-taking! We climbed real close to these ones and just sat taking it in for quite a while. We are so blessed to be given such a beautiful world!

Day 4:
The hike out. We got up early early and headed out. This time no playing around, we just headed straight out as fast as we could. Our group was the first group out (just sayin) and it felt so good to sit at the top and look at how far we had come. Like most things in life, it wasn't easy, but it was definitely worth it!

3 comments:

The Felix Family said...

Good job Amanda! I liked how you typed yours out better then how I did it. Super fun weekend and by the way commenting is WAY easier then it was before!

Jamie said...

What a cool experience!

Kimberly Church said...

Im glad you are home. But I love this post with all the photos. Glad you had fun!